Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Boston Cream Pie (cake)

This cake is not hard to make, but you have to plan ahead when making it. It’s a little laborious and time consuming, but it’s rather simple as long as you read and follow the directions. Just be sure to make the custard ahead of time and have it well chilled so when you’re ready to assemble this cake you’re not having to wait on the filling.

Lick The Bowl Good: Pie Or Cake?
I hope you don’t get tired of them because it seems that 2012 is the year of the pie . Move over layer cake! Did I just say that? This month The

 

+ Slide
- Slide
 

One Perfect Bite: Boston Cream Pie
And while any any cook worth her salt should be able to whip up a vanilla or chocolate layer cake in the blink of an eye, the list would be incomplete if gingerbread, apple crisp, lemon meringue and Boston cream pie were not

Boston Cream Pie for a Retro Rad #SundaySupper | gotta get baked
I’ve been pretty AWOL from blogging and social media this past week. Usually I’d insert a whiny rant here about how work is keeping me really busy or some other inane thing that sends me into a downward spiral of …

Boston Cream Pie: A Special Thanksgiving Dessert
Happy Thanksgiving! This year for the holiday Bobbie and Sydney have chosen to share a Boston Cream Pie recipe with you.

I Believe I Can Fry: Boston Cream Pie
Boston Cream Pie isn’t actually pie – the name is a bit of a misnomer. In fact, Boston Cream Pie is actually a cake (specifically, a light, airy sponge cake), filled with a custard filling, then glazed with a thin chocolate ganache.

Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake | Beantown Baker
The first thing that popped into mind was Boston Cream Pie. As the name implies, it was invented right in Boston. I am not a fan of pastry cream (it’s a texture thing), so I knew I couldn’t make a classic Boston Cream Pie.

 

 


Boston Cream Pie (cake)

No comments:

Post a Comment